PAPPY’S WORT CHALLENGE – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND!
Hey everyone! this weekend is our pick up for the Pappy’s Wort Challenge. We will meet at Pappy’s @ 2pm to pickup our 6 gallons of Maris Otter wort (bring a container). Remember to bring your $10, which included the wort and a beer while you’re there.
1. 100% Maris Otter wort (Final beer must be made using 90% Maris Otter)
2. Beers must be completed by early November for tasting
3. Top three beers will receive a prize
4. Anticipated OG – 1.050
SEPTEMBER CLUB MEETING – SEPTEMBER 16TH
Who: Matthew Cogburn’s
When: September 16th (NOTE: 1 Week later than usual)
Where: 5418 Peppermill Rd, 79606
Homebrew Tasting – Remember to bring your homebrews for your feedback session. This is a great opportunity for everyone to get good constructive feedback on your brews.
Raffle (Bring Cash) – We will be having a raffle as well so make sure to bring your cash. Items in this raffle are; Hops, Beers, Mead, Insulated Stanely Mugs & a 150 Lumen Compact LED Lantern
Competition #3 Entries Due During This Meeting!
At our last meeting we had a discussion about the value of having the competition and whether we should discontinue it due to the lack of participation. Everyone agreed we need to continue and be committed to submitting our beers. So here’s your opportunity to make good on your promise.
Abilene Beer Summit – September 23rd
BCHA will have a tent to promote homebrewing. If you are interested in volunteering you can click here for more information. For more information on the event itself, click here. If you decide to volunteer there is a REQUIRED volunteer party at The Mill on September 19th (They throw in a free beer too!)
Rhymes and Vines event in Stephenville, September 20th – 23rd
For more information click here or contact Gary or Tom.
BCHA annual family campout – October 13th – 15th @ Hord’s Creek Lake
• Entry fee – $5 per person (includes burgers/hot dogs on Saturday night)
• Campsites range from $10 – $20 per family. RV sites and cabins are available at extra cost.
• What to bring – Your family, several $1 bills for games, food and anything else you want to have.
• Organizers – Tom & Judie Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
There will be more information at a later date. Final sign-up and commitment by our next meeting on September 9th.